Friday, January 24, 2014

January memories

We now have a new washer, dryer, and microwave added to our home. It's funny how things happen in 3's sometimes.

There have been so many things that happened since my last post, and I always think to myself, 'I should put that on the blog so I don't forget.' But I procrastinate, and then the memory is lost.

Lincoln has always been anxious, but recently he has started getting panicky if he doesn't know where I am at. I have to make sure I tell him if I am going outside to feed the animals, or even leaving the room.  That boy ran to the neighbor's house the other day when I was in the bathroom, and when I came out he ran inside bawling his eyes wondering where I had been. I'm praying the phase passes soon, I hate to see him so upset.

My Trinity girl on the other hand has always been more easy going.  She's three and a half and ready to be a big sister to my little one that we'll meet in a couple more months.  The other day Trin was crawling under the table at Fazoli's and just about tripped an older woman who was walking by.  I'm not sure how I'm going to juggle three kids when apparently I can barely keep eyes on the two I have, but I'll adjust I'm sure.  

The other day the kids and I needed to get out of the house, so we went to the inside playground here in town.  They had a blast, but of course got pretty hot running around for a couple hours, so I allowed them to walk to the car without coats even though it was pretty chilly out.  We were almost to the car when an older lady pulled up to us on the street, swung open the rusty door on her rickety van, and yelled, "Hey, how come you are wearing a coat and your kids aren't?!"  I yelled back, "Because they're hot!"  She shook her head, rolled her eyes, slammed her door, and squeaked off in a puff of black smoke from her cheap exhaust.  I should have told her to go home and take a shower because she looked like she could use one.  

I am now about six months pregnant, and my stress and anxiety has been pretty high lately.  My baby is kicking up a storm, which is amazing but also makes me nervous about the delivery. I have never really understood why women don't talk about their fears or the risk involved in giving birth, but I guess everyone is entitled to their own perspective.  I had one birth with an epidural and one without, and I can tell you without a doubt that I would never willingly choose to have an all natural birth again.  It was the absolute worst pain I've ever experienced in my life!  I'm praying this next baby comes into the world with coos and cuddles instead of the wrath of Eve I experienced in my all natural birth. We'll meet you soon baby Zaidey, and even if I can't get an epidural it'll be worth every moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment