Monday, January 21, 2013

DIY kid's growth chart

I decided to make growth charts for all the kids in our extended family, and also for our own little unit. We have a lot of old barn wood out in our buildings, so I picked several of the best and cleaned them up with some water and a rag. Then, after they dried I cut them to size (about five feet is all you need), and then I gave each plank a thorough soak of lemon oil. Starting at one foot, I worked my way up with tick marks writing out only the feet measurements so there is room for future height recordings. I wrote the increments out in black sharpie marker, and printed the numbers out beforehand in a font I liked for a calligraphy reference. I attached a picture hanger on the back and hung our board a foot off the ground synced with the one foot mark on the growth chart. The beauty is, even if we move, we will always have a physical record of our kids height (and my husband and I's-we joined in and marked off ours too).



No comments:

Post a Comment