Monday, February 4, 2013

Tick tock

Something I have missed hearing in my house is the sound of a ticking clock. You can hardly buy one anymore that makes the wonderfully peaceful clicks every gentle second. It is certainly a reminder of life's everlasting heartbeat. I have heard of people placing an old clock close to a baby or a young animal to help them not feel alone. I can see why that would be a comfort, because I was surprised at how it warmed my own heart to hear that very sound coming from my shelf this evening.

This all came about as I went through some things I was trying to clean up so I could place them for sale on eBay or Etsy. The clock was one of several items I had collected from the garage and barns out of our storage. I believe it was from my grandpa who is a pack rat like me. It is one of those old bedside wide up's with an alarm and a beautiful large face. I had thought about selling it with the other items, but I think I change my mind and will hold onto it a little longer.

That is the problem with going through old stuff for me. I end up wanting to keep most or all of it when I need to get rid of it!

Something else I am up to lately: seed catalogue season is here, and I can't wait to place my order. Gurney's, a company from Indiana, is my current favorite after looking through several others I had sent off to for information. They have an amazing deal right now, half off up to $200, which still beats the competition even with the sales tax, and their shipping is fairly reasonable. Not to mention they guarantee all their plants, and will send you new replacements no questions asked if the original product fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment