Monday, December 12, 2011

Ten things I love about winter



10. A break from outside chores.






9. Having a wood burning fireplace in our living room. I love the hot air it puts out and watching the glow of our fires.


8. Decorating! We pick out a live Christmas tree every year, and I also like to put out wreaths on my doors, Christmas cards to neighbors, and Christmas bed spreads on our mattresses.


7. Snuggling with my kiddos and hubby.
6. Getting snowed in for a couple of days..


5. Catching up on old DVD series. Some of my favorites are: Anne of Green Gables, Avonlea, Mama's Family, Golden Girls, Designing Women, and Lark Rise to Candleford (BBC).



4. Catching up on reading or here lately I have been working on my own book which I hope to post more about later. One book I really enjoyed reading recently was The Hunger Games.



3. Watching birds eat from my bird feeders. I try to keep the feeders filled so the birds will always come back.


2. Comfort foods, especially hot tea or coffee.


1. The holidays and keeping up with extended family.

No comments:

Post a Comment