Thursday, December 29, 2011

And a Happy New Year!

New Year's Eve is once again at our doorstep and I can hardly believe where the time has gone. As I watch my 2011 quickly roll behind me, I am certainly thankful for the moments given to me. I pray for the year to come that my family will be mindful of our blessings, strengthened to overcome our challenges, and given wisdom to know when to simply let things go.


As we wrap up this year's activities, the past week has been an extra special gift for the kids and I. My husband, who usually works six days a week has taken off and given himself a vacation in between the Christmas and New Year holidays. The last few days have been filled with love and laughter as we all got some much needed family time.

One activity we look forward to doing post-Christmas is helping the kids explore their new toys as well as our own. Trinity has been enjoying her new collection of baby dolls and Lincoln is deeply submerged in the realm of matchbox race cars. As for Daddy and Mommy, Adam has entered into the gamer's world of Skyrim, while I have dabbled back into Sims 3 through a new expansion pack, Sims Ambitions


Something we have been enjoying the past couple days in particular is a new popcorn appliance Adam gave to me as a Christmas gift. You put in a cup of popcorn kernels, and the interior heats up until the kernels pop open and then are blown up through the top spout into your bowl. I have never seen an appliance like it, but my husband's family made popcorn this way a lot when he was growing up.


One goal I had set for myself in celebration of our lazy mornings was to make breakfast for my family everyday, but I have failed miserably. I did alright for a few days, but by the time I woke up to Thursday's first rays of sunlight (which is not saying much since it was practically 8 A.M.) I unwrapped a couple of granola bars for the kids and said have at it.

But all in all it's been a great week and a wonderful year. I am looking forward to another 365 days of watching my babies grow while also growing as a mother and wife. Raising kids and being married is not easy! But anything worth having is not going to come without hard work and dedication.

Goodbye 2011. Hello 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment