Wednesday, August 22, 2012

DIY Captain America Shield

My son loves anything super hero these days.

My husband heard one of his family members talking about how they made a Captain America shield out of a satellite dish, and since he comes across abandoned ones from time to time with his business he decided to keep the next one he found and try to make a shield for our son. Well, a week ago he found one and here are some pictures of what we came up with.

For all you DIY'ers the stripes are about an inch and a half wide, the circle is a traced gallon ice cream lid, and the handle is from a patio door. Adam also snipped off a lip from the outside edge and hammered the sharp leftover edge over for safety. I included a picture of the star I used if you need it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey if u ever hear someone talking about a really good guys DIY project send me an email. I might make my Christmas gifts this yr, since I still haven't found a job. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, I will let you know. There have been years where I did the same thing. Thanks for keeping in touch.

      Delete