Monday, August 6, 2012

Pumpkin butter

This recipe for pumpkin butter is simply delicious.  I fell in love with the first taste, and you will too.  I would suggest adding spices and sugar to suit your own tastes, but here is what I used if you need some guidance:

Fresh pumpkin puree (I used two pumpkins minus 3 cups for my pumpkin bread I used in my previous post's recipe.  I would approximate around 4 cups was used for this butter).

maple syrup
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
ground cloves
nutmeg
cinnamon
vanilla
a couple spoons of regular butter or salt to offset sweet taste

Blend all ingredients into a pot on the stove, and simmer for 30 minutes.  Drop into shallow jelly jars and keep refridgerated until you are able to enjoy!  Don't worry about spoiling - as long as it is in the fridge it will keep for quite awhile.






No comments:

Post a Comment