Friday, August 10, 2012

Susie homemaker? Not exactly

So, as the dishwasher happily hums in the background I am propping my feet up after a long day of - MORE CANNING. I did not exactly plan on canning and preparing food all day, but that is how it worked out.

Altogether, I canned 7 quarts and 3 pints of salsa, canned 2 quarts of chili tomato sauce, froze 4 quarts of tomato juice (that I drained from my salsa tomatoes), froze 8 quarts of snapped/blanched green beans, and I froze 3 quarts of chili (cooked with beef and chili beans). I wasn’t going to freeze chili but a quart of sauce I had made earlier emptied into my hot water bath I was using to process my canning jars. Oops! I boiled off the excess water which took forever, but I saved the leftover tomato juice and used it to make some chili freezer meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment